Wednesday, March 13, 2013

February Project


home ec·o·nom·ics

Noun: Cooking and other aspects of household management, esp. as taught at school.

I dislike home economics (-_- ) I was never into girly stuff. I'm not really sure. I just don't care much back then. I remember during 4th grade we have sewing project - I honestly don't know how I passed it (^_^) 5th to 6th grade is more into cooking. What I don't like is the cleaning part after you cook..hahahha (lazy~~~)

During high school I'm dreading to choose what to take... Fortunately, I transferred to a small school. Instead of choosing - they'll assign it. 3rd yr HS: calligraphy fonts - I did good and very much like it. 4th yr HS: Architecture - my favorite <3 We design and built a miniature house <3

Now, I am learning to sew.... I've been searching the internet for few easy sewing projects to do for my lil daughter <3 And I bookmark most of the stuff - it makes me giddy and excited^^ The only problem now is the materials but I finally finished some before Valentines Day.


My February Project is a DIY Paper Bag L-O-V-E Skirt (✿◠‿◠)
The original tutorial is without the paper bag style. But I fell in love with it while surfing the internet.
The L-O-V-E is bigger than I imagine so it occupies all the space in the front. I added a bow so the back would have some colors a bit.

Here is the link for the L-O-V-E skirt tutorial: http://www.somewhatsimple.com/all-you-need-is-love-skirt/

And I added a hairband from left over fabric from the skirt. As in left-over -> those tiny ones that cannot be used. Well, they have purpose after all ^^

Here's the link for the headband: http://www.scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com/2012/04/kid-craft-scrap-busting-headband.html

Then here comes the shoes :) Not in the plan... I was planning to paint it like oxford shoes but my lil'girl said it's too grown-up. Uhm, ok. And she saw this tutorial: http://www.dreamalittlebigger.com/post/i-love-these-sneakers-diy.html Instead of "all you need is love" I wrote"Jesus loves me" on the shoes for the the left foot and "Mommy loves me" for the right shoes. My lil'girl colored all the heart too. Unfortunately, I have to limit this kind of project or she'll have tons of shoes that will be used once only. Plus she's a growing kid...she'll outgrown it soon. I like for her to really enjoy whatever shoes she got. SO far, this is her favorite plus it's a practice for her in tying shoe laces. Lucky for me I only heard to whines from her..the rest "I can do it". Now, I'm a happy mom <3

Lastly, the Pleated Bubble Skirt. I love bubble skirt <3 I can't just stop myself...so, here's my practice skirt. She wore this at church too. I needed more practice and I'm a willing learner now too...hahhaha.


Here's the link for the skirt: http://seekatesew.blogspot.com/2012/04/pleated-bubble-skirt.html
And for her bracelet: http://sewcraftcreate.com/2011/05/rope-bracelet-tutorial/

P.S.
I almost forgot about the Mailbox I did for her. It was a surprise :) And the look on her face - priceless. And now, she keeps asking when I'm going to send her a mail...again.

Month of February: Busy, Fun and Blessed. There's some problems but I won't get into it :) God is good!
That's all for now, it's a super late blog but oh well....

Signing off,
AsianMom07

No comments:

Post a Comment