Friday, May 27, 2016

Cardmaking Hiatus is OVER and a CONFESSION!!!

I still remember when I discover the cardmaking community.
I was happy and excited to see that there's so many people who love and enjoys making hand made cards. <3 Because making something makes me happy. Cardmaking is my stress reliever.
But reality sets in. I got so overwhelmed with too much products, tools and techniques. I watched youtube tutorials, subscribed, followed blogs, liked fb profiles and followed instagram accounts.

I bought the basic tools for beginners. Slowly, I am buying cardstocks, mini-ink pads, stamps and etc., But what I have seems not enough. Every tutorials I watch feeds my brain that I need those to get the same beautiful outcome for my cards. My list that I need to buy grows longer. I get stress out when I want to make a card and I don't have the tools that I need.

I like giving away my cards but I have to think of some ways of how can I afford this hobby. The solution is to sell my hand made cards. I did sell some and get great encouragement from them. As I started making more, I become the worst critic of my own work. If I don't sell a card then it was not good enough.  And negative thoughts keeps piling up. Cardmaking doesn't help me to relieve my stress but it added to my things I over think.

I ruined it with my greed and wanting to be perfect :(

I wasn't giving up. I just have to stepped away from it. Stopped buying stamps and etc.,
I tried lettering and watercolor for a while just for fun. I enjoyed it and it become my new outlet. If I wasn't careful, the same thing would happen again. I would want things for my watercolor and lettering hobby. I thank God that my bible study group, church activities, work and my daughter kept me busy to dwell on things I thought I need. I learned that I'm being greedy with material things and neglecting the other part of my life.

I started taking care of myself first and spending more time with family and friends. I still miss making cards but I am happy. And I plan to stay that way.

Last night, I made a birthday card. My brain was stuck and I can't seem to transfer the idea that I have to the cardstock. I wasn't exactly happy with it but I'm more calm..hahahaha :) I said to myself, I'll try again tomorrow and let's try clean and simple. I little pep talk before bedtime :)



Few hours ago, I sat down and think about what I want.
I want a clean and simple card. I want to use the stamps from the craftbox themed "Let's Party" and not mixed it with other brands. If I have to use some paper pads, I want to use the pads from the craftbox too and I want to use only materials that I have on hand.




I didn't use the paper pads from the craftbox but all my "wants" are checked. 
I don't have copic markers so I use my daughter's colored pencil to color the cake and my sharpees for some small details. I have the mini-ditress ink pads and diy's ink blender I learned from a youtuber. 


My aim for this hobby is to make cards for my own pleasure and to share it to people who appreciate it.  It doesn't have to be par at someone else standards. It doesn't have to have all the cool materials like other crafters. Use my own doodle and writings if I don't have the stamps I want in it. I want to be a HAPPY CRAFTER <3




No comments:

Post a Comment